Joy in Contentment
May 29, 2022
In light of this week’s message, we encourage you to consider these questions and dig in a little deeper with your personal study, with your family, or with your small group.
1) How do you define contentment? Based on your definition, how content are you?
2) Paul says he has learned to be content in all circumstances. What circumstances do you struggle to be content in or content with?
3) Contentment does not mean that we never desire better things or different circumstances or easier situations. What are some of the negative outcomes in our attitudes or our actions that result from us having a lack of contentment.
4) Paul says we should worry about nothing and pray about everything. (Phil 4:6-7). How are those 2 ideas connected?
5) Read Philippians 4:8. Why should we think this way? What happens when we don’t?
6) Our joy is not dependent on what others have or on what we wish we had, but by learning to be content with the life and things we do have. What are some practical steps you can take to experience joy in contentment?