How We Love His Church
April 24, 2022
In light of this week’s message, we encourage you to consider these questions and dig in a little deeper with your personal study, with your family, or with your small group.
1) Have the failures of the church ever tempted you to discount it, disrespect it, or disregard it? Does knowing that Jesus died for her (the church) cause you to see her differently?
2) How would you respond to someone who says they love Jesus but want nothing to do with his church?
3) How does recognizing that Christians are supposed to be an assembly of believers and not just a building full of believers change the way we should impact our schools, workplaces, and our communities?
4) Read Acts 4:32-35. How does the church that you are a part of today look like this description of the early church? What are some things it can improve on?
5) At Fork Christian we often say that we are just a bunch of imperfect people chasing after a perfect God. Does knowing that the early church was full of imperfections encourage you in your pursuit of Jesus or discourage you? Why?
6) Regarding relationships, there are 59 commands of how to treat “One another” in the New Testament. In the teaching, we were encouraged to “Out one another one another”. How would our relationships with friends, family, co-workers, and fellow Christians be changed if we would do that?