Christmas Day 2022
In light of this week’s message, we encourage you to consider these questions and dig in a little deeper with your personal study, with your family, or with your small group.
1. Share a time when someone showed up to a group, a dinner, or another gathering that just by them being there, all the conversations changed (turned upside down).
2. Without sharing names, what are some of the things about these individuals that cause there to be such a change in the dynamic of a group? (Share both positive and negative examples)
3. Read Luke 2:8-20. This is a common story for many, but what is something that stands out to you?
4. Shepherds have historically been known as lower-class individuals during that time of history. Why do you think God would have chosen them to send the messengers (angels) to share the news of Jesus’ arrival?
5. Read Luke 5:27-32. Why did you believe Jesus was so focused on showing up for the sick and broken? What is one change you could make in your life that would model Jesus and be more focused on those who are broken and in need of Jesus?